Midland Metropolitan Hospital is one of the largest acute hospital developments in Europe.
Haematology Department, Western General Hospital
The construction of a new haematology department, which involved refurbishing three existing wards and replacing a non-compliant fire escape with a new external fire escape staircase.
Healthcare - Scotland
The project involved the refurbishment of three existing wards to create a new haematology department. The original non-compliant fire escape stairs were removed and replaced with a new external fire escape staircase. The ward was extended over a section of flat roof at the third-floor level to accommodate additional staff.
A new plant gantry was formed at the roof level to support the new ventilation plant required to service the building.
Images Courtesy of Paul Zanre Photography
1. Extension of a building at third-floor level
2. Support of external plant at roof level
3. Support of roof mounted equip¬ment in areas with clay pot void formers
1. Assessment and justification of additional loads onto existing concrete framed buildings. The use of relatively lightweight materials to minimise the additional load on the structure, including the removal of an existing section of concrete roof and replacement with lightweight construction.
2. New steel gantry formed at roof level supported on legs positioned directly over building column positions, with steel cantilevering to provide the layout required to suit the M & E plant.
3. Secondary steelwork installed to span between the primary concrete frame to avoid fixings into the non-structural clay pot void formers.
Large-scale reconfiguration of the Royal Bournemouth and Poole Hospitals.
Redevelopment at York Hospital to provide a new 2-storey extension and new modular unit to the existing Emergency Department.
A major extension to the Emergency Department to significantly improve same day care and acute medical treatments.
A new satellite radiotherapy unit, housing state-of-the-art Linear Accelerator’s (LinAc’s) in Nevill Hall, Wales.
A healthy living hub designed to deliver community regeneration and improved wellbeing facilities.